Thursday, December 29, 2011

FOTD: Random New Years Look...

Hello!

Been up and out pretty much all the time, which is why I haven't posted.  I did however, get a chance to play around with some makeup for a potential new years look...

I wanted to go with colour under my eyes rather than on my eyelids (I have hooded eyelids), since everything disappears.  I did manage to throw in some taupe and browns on the upper, outsides of my eyelids for some depth.

Here's the look I came up with... Let me know what you think!




 
 For the lashes, I only had 1 1/2 pairs.  I lent this to my sister and she only used one?
So I divided the one piece in half and used it on the outer corners of my eyes (longest lash on the outside).  They accentuated and lengthened my eye pretty nicely.  I don't wear lashes often, because I find they make my eyes appear sleepy (I have hooded lids, they look tired enough lol).  However, this technique gave me quite the opposite and plus, I save moneyyy!! :)  If you would like to try this, I would suggest getting lashes where the inner and outer lash length is the same, and the center lashes are the longest..so when you split them they are even.

I only used a few colours of the NAKED palette.  I used Virgin to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and outer eyelid (extending past the crease).  I used buck as a base and hustle to add depth to my eyes, pressed where my eye socket is...

MAC Soft sparkle eye pencil in 'Reflecto' to line the bottom of my eye.

Full list of products used:
Face:
Vichy Aera Teint Pure Fluid Foundation
Skin 79 Intense Classic BB balm to conceal blemishes and to diminish under eye circles
e.l.f. Complexion perfection to set
e.l.f. Blush and bronzer duo

Lips:
e.l.f. Matte lip colour in 'Natural'
e.l.f. Luscious liquid lipstick in 'Baby Lips' - used only on center of lips

Eyes + Eyebrows:
Nyx eyebrow pencil filler in 'Charcoal'
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Mac Soft Sparkle eye pencil in 'Reflecto'
e.l.f liquid liner in 'Coffee' to line my upper eyelid
Lenses in Geo Nudy Brown from Kiwiberry1...can be purchased here.

Some shots with my point and shoot..not as vivid but still nice :) 

 

 
I usually hate this angle ^..I have poor bone structure and generally this angle is really unflattering..but I liked how this one turned out, somehow..so I share!  :) 


Do you have a look set out for the big celebration??  If you do, please share!!  I would love to see!

Have a wonderful few days left of 2011 and bring on the 2012!!!

Woot! Woot!
Sara.








3 comments:

The Peach said...

What a fun look! I hear you about the hooded eyes and not being able to see color on the lid. What a great alternative to do color on the lower lashline!

Leira Yann said...

Great look. I think it's such a good idea to play the color on lower lashline.

Sara said...

Thank you ladies :) It's different..but fun :D Thanks again and Happy New Year!!